What is a Shared Savings Energy Performance Contract? A Shared Savings Energy Performance Contract (EPC) is a budget-neutral approach to make facility improvements that reduce energy and water use and increase operational efficiency. By partnering with an energy service company (ESCOPR), a facility owner can use an EPC to pay for today’s facility upgrades with tomorrow’s energy savings—without tapping into capital budgets.
ESCOPR may finance, as a capital provider, 100% of the capital costs of the energy efficient projects. This will result in up-front costs, installation and maintenance at zero cost to the client. ESCOPR’s goal is to assist clients locked-in 50% or more of the energy and costs savings over a period up to 10 years by retrofitting existing utility systems with a new more efficient technology.
Benefits of shared savings:
How to do it?
- Audit: perform initial free energy savings audit (i.e.: lighting retrofit, HVAC systems, water systems, others)
- Proposal: Submit a preliminar proposal to client summarizing savings
- Measurement and Validation: third party measurement and validation performed to verify energy savings
- Financial Verification: financial application completed and approved
- Service Agreement: services agreement signed
- Construction and Installation: coordinate installation with the facility
Contact ESCOPR at 787-782-7103 to request a Free Energy Audit and begin receiving savings immediately!